How to upload the overall grades for a module
- Log in.
- Click "Website Admin" at the top-right of the screen
- Click the "Modules" box.
- You will see the list of modules that you have access to. Next to the one you want to grade, click "Select Module".
- Click "Manage Exams".
- You will see a table of all the assignments for the selected module.
- If there is already a row in the table that says "Final grade" under the "SMSTC administrative name" column, skip to step 10, otherwise continue to step 8.
- Click on "add exam", and fill out the form on the next page as follows:
- choose a suitable name (such as "Final grade semester 1");
- under "SMSTC administrative name", select "Final grade";
- under "Is final grade?", select "Yes";
- under "Is electronic submission?", select "No";
- enter an arbitrary submission deadline (since students' final grade is based on their previous assignments this deadline will not be used);
- under "Mark type" select "Grade";
- now scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Add exam".
- You will be returned to the table showing all the assignments for the module, and now there will be a row for the final grade.
- There are now two ways you can proceed: you can either enter grades via a web form or via a spreadsheet which you will upload.
Entering marks via the web form
- In the row for the final grade, click on "add results", or "edit results/feedback" if you have entered final grades for the module previously.
- If this is the first time final grades have been entered for this module, you will see a choice between two tabs labelled "Add via file" and "Add via web form"; select "Add via web form". If grades have been entered previously for this module, skip this step.
- You will see a table with rows corresponding to the students enrolled in this module. Enter the grade for each student in the "Grade" column. You can also enter written feedback in the "Feedback" column.
- When you have finished entering grades, scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Add exam results", or "Update exam results/feedback" if you are editing existing results.
- The process is now complete. Note that in order for grades/feedback to be visible to students you will need to "verify" the final grades. This is covered in another guide.
Uploading marks via a spreadsheet
Note: this method is only possible if you haven't previously entered final grades for this module. If you have, please use the web form method above.
- Click the button labelled "Download module students spreadsheet for entering marks" and save the file somewhere on your computer.
- Open the spreadsheet in your preferred spreadsheet program (Excel, OpenOffice, etc.).
- You will see rows corresponding to the students enrolled in your module. Enter the final grade for each student in the "marks" column. You can also enter written feedback in the "feedback" column.
- When you have finished entering grades, save the spreadsheet.
- Return to your web browser and find the row in the table for the final grade. Click "add results".
- Make sure that the "Add via file" option is selected and click the "Browse..." button. Select the spreadsheet file that you saved containing the final grades for the module. If you don't see an "Add via file" option this probably means that final grades have already been entered for this module. You can still edit them using the web form method above.
- Click the "Add exam results" button.
- You may see some error messages. However, if you scroll past these you should see a table of students containing the grades and feedback that you entered into the spreadsheet.
- Check that the grades and feedback are correct, then scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Add exam results".
- The process is now complete; you will see a page summarising the grades you entered.
Note that in order for grades/feedback to be visible to students you will need to "verify" the results for the whole assignment. This is covered in another guide.
- How to view submitted assignments
- How to upload a module material document
- How to upload grades and feedback for assignments.
- How to upload a feedback for an assignment from a file (e.g. a scanned assignment with handwritten comments)
- How to make assignment results and final grades visible to students
- How to email the students on my module
- How to edit the module staff
- How to edit the module description
- How to set an assignment
- How to update account information (e.g. email, password, etc...)
- How to send a message to the students taking your module