Mathematical Biology and Physiology
Please log in to view module content:
This module will cover a range of topics in mathematical modelling of biological systems, from cell/organism scale to population scale. The provisional schedule is as follows.
- Mathematics of bacterial resistance [weeks 1-2; Dr Michael Grinfeld]
- Homogenisation methods in mathematical biology [weeks 3-4; Dr Raimondo Penta]
- Simple models of population dynamics and applications [weeks 6-7; Dr Andrew Hoyle]
- Age-structured population models [weeks 8-9; Dr Douglas Speirs]
- Mathematical modelling of cancer [week 10; Dr Nikolaos Sfakianakis]
Note that there will be no lecture in week 5.
The module will be assessed by two assignments. The first will cover material from weeks 1-4; it will be released by the end of week 5 with a deadline of 28 February 2020. The second will cover material from weeks 6-10; it will be released by the end of week 10 with a deadline of 10 April 2020.