Mathematical Biology and Physiology
Please log in to view module content:
This module will cover a range of topics in mathematical modelling of biological systems, from cell/organism scale to population scale. The provisional schedule is as follows.
- Mathematics of bacterial resistance [weeks 1-2; Dr Michael Grinfeld]
- Homogenisation methods in mathematical biology [weeks 3-5; Dr Raimondo Penta]
- Age-structured population models [weeks 6-7; Dr Douglas Speirs]
- Physiologically structured populations: modelling and analysis [weeks 8-9; Dr Jochen Kursawe]
- Mathematical modelling of cancer [week 10; Dr Nikolaos Sfakianakis]
The module will be assessed by two assignments. The first will cover material from weeks 1-5; it will be released by the end of week 6 with a deadline of 3 March 2023. The second will cover material from weeks 6-10; it will be released by the end of week 10 with a deadline of 31 March 2023.