Algebras and Representation Theory
Please log in to view module content:
Overview: Algebras & Representation Theory (semester 2)
Noncommutative rings (5 lectures)
- Finitely generated modules over principal ideal domains and applications
- The Artin-Wedderburn Theorem
Representation Theory (5 lectures)
- Representations and characters
- Orthogonality relations
- Induced representations
- Computing character tables
This module is assessed in two assignments.
The notion of a module and related concepts; Basics on Noetherian and Artinian modules; Some commutative algebra, in particular the notion of a principal ideal domain.
- Lectures 1-5: Ana Garcia Elsener
- Lectures 6-10: Rekha Biswal